While we love us some late-night binge-watching of Friends over here, it’s hard to believe that the era of scrunchies, short plaid skirts and slip dresses (sometimes over a shirt, to boot) could still be influencing our fashion and beauty choices in the year 2021.
But, according to a new study from Money.co.uk, Rachel, Monica and Phoebe are still delivering some major makeup inspo.
Using Google search data from the last 12 months, the study found that Friends hit number three on the top 10 list of “shows that influence our makeup,” with Google seeing just a tad under under 100,000 annual searches for ways to recreate the looks of Rachel—we’re going to assume it’s not the very specific Ross-fueled one—Monica and Phoebe. (On a separate note, another study found that just under half a million people searched for tips on how to dress like Jennifer Aniston’s Rachel Green.)
Also in the mix, the shimmering-bold color of Euphoria (that saw 20 times more searches than for any other show from the list), the creative and unique looks from RuPaul’s Drag Race (ranking second) and, in somewhat of a head (or, more accurately, mullet) scratcher, Tiger King.
- Euphoria – 2,018,670 annual searches
- RuPaul’s Drag Race – 119,520 annual searches
- Friends – 99,880 annual searches
- Tiger King – 63,570 annual searches
- Riverdale – 39,250 annual searches
- American Horror Story – 36,870 annual searches
- Skins – 35,170 annual searches
- Gossip Girl – 29,420 annual searches
- Schitt’s Creek – 26,860 annual searches
- Stranger Things – 26,800 annual searches
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty “Top Beauty Doctor” Near you
Credit: Source link