Meghan Markle Makes First Appearance Since Miscarriage On ‘CNN Heroes’ – Hollywood Life


Meghan Markle made a surprise appearance during the ‘CNN Heroes’ special – her first since revealing her devastating miscarriage – and spoke about the ‘power of the human spirit.’

Just a few weeks after announcing to the world that she had suffered a miscarriage, Meghan Markle, 39, made her first public appearance during the CNN Heroes special on July 14. She praised the “quiet heroes” who have made a difference in 2020. “In a year that has been universally challenging for everyone, I am inspired by stories of compassion in our communities,” the Duchess of Sussex said. “Across the country, people have put their own needs aside to come together to support the collective well being of those around them.”

Meghan acknowledged that “everything seemed to change” at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic in March 2020. “For many families, the impact of the pandemic has been catastrophic, and far too many were faced with a heartbreaking question: ‘How am I going to put food on the table for my family?’” Meghan continued. “In the face of this devastating reality, we also saw the power of the human spirit and the remarkable ways that communities respond in challenging times.”

She took the time to celebrate the “quiet heroes” of this year. “Some of whom I know, and others that we applaud from afar,” she noted. “These individuals stood up and made sure the most basic needs of our communities were met. They made sure those around them did not have to suffer in isolation. They showed us, all of us, that even in the darkest times, when we come together, we have the power to remind someone else that there is hope and that we will be OK.”

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry with their son, Archie. (zz/KGC-375/STAR MAX/IPx)

The year 2020 has been challenging in so many different ways for each individual, even for Meghan and Prince Harry, 36. Meghan was pregnant with her second child earlier this year but miscarried, she revealed by writing an op-ed for The New York Times in Nov. 2020. Meghan was changing baby Archie’s diaper when she realized she lost her second child. “I dropped to the floor,” she wrote. “[I] sensed that something was not right. I knew, as I clutched my firstborn child, that I was losing my second.”

The couple stepped down as senior members of the royal family at the beginning of 2020 and moved to California. After a difficult year, HollywoodLife learned EXCLUSIVELY that Meghan and Harry are “really looking forward to their first Christmas in their new home.” They currently reside in a $14.7 million home in Montecito with their son, Archie.





Credit: Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Discover

Sponsor

Latest

Fans Question Hiding Belly In Xmas Pics – Hollywood Life

Jessa Duggar’s fans are abuzz that she and husband Ben Seewald are expecting baby number four. There’s a photo that is causing plenty...

See Celebrities Wearing Bright Swimsuit Looks – Hollywood Life

Neon swimsuits have been setting the Internet on fire over the past year, with Heidi Montag and more stars rocking the look. Take...

Danessa Myricks Beauty Launches at Sephora With 83 Products

Although most of us aren't wearing makeup as often as we used to, experimenting with makeup and carving out that time for myself...

Introducing Tailwind for Instagram Scheduling & Analytics

More Engagement on Instagram With Less Effort Posting to Instagram consistently can be a real headache.  As we researched how bloggers and marketers are...

Jeffree Stars Says ‘Wild’ Number Of Rappers DM Him After Kanye Rumors – Hollywood Life

Jeffree Star doubled down on denying the affair rumors surrounding the beauty YouTuber and Kanye West. This time, Jeffree claimed that he has...
INTERNATIONAL »